Planning a trip to NYC or other metropolitan city? Think of getting a city pass!
It will save you big time on sight seeing! Definitely worth the investment ahead of time.
Meal prep doesn’t have to be boring… when you have lemon pepper!
For this prep I’ll show you how to create a flavorful lemon pepper chicken, quinoa, and green bean meal as well as clearly showing the correct portions of meat to veggie to carb.
This prep makes 10 meals. If you are only making 5, just cut the ingredients in half!
1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
6 boneless chicken breasts
5 bags Steamfresh green beans
(or veggie/fresh veggie of your choice)
I’m sorry, I don’t measure the following, but you will need:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to drizzle over the chicken)
Dash of Sea Salt
Lemon Pepper (enough for both the quinoa and chicken)
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Rinse your chicken and put it in your cooking pan. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil followed by lemon pepper. I don’t exactly measure, but I put a lot!
3. Squeeze 3 lemons (if you don’t have a juicer, consider getting one!!) and pour the juice over the chicken.
4. Turn the chicken over twice.
5. Cook the chicken for about 40 minutes. Take the chicken out and cut it into smaller pieces. This helps the flavor to get into the middle of the pieces of chicken.
6. Cook the chicken another 30 minutes or so (or until done depending on your oven).
7. While the chicken is cooking, make your quinoa. For this prep, I boiled 3 cups of water. When the water began to boil, I added 1 1/2 cups of dry quinoa. At this time, I also added a good amount of quinoa. I didn’t measure, but to guess it was about 2 teaspoons.
Return the water to a boil, allow it to boil for a minute, and then reduce it to a simmer and cover. Let it simmer for about ten minutes or until all of the water is absorbed and you have a pot of dry, fluffy quinoa.
8. As you are cooking both the chicken and quinoa, you can microwave your Steamfresh veggies (I like green beans, but this could easily be done with other Steamfresh or fresh veggies).
9. Add each item to your meal prep Tubberware!
Veggies: 1/2 (or more)
Now, you are ready for a week’s worth of healthy eating! And not only is it healthy, but it’s going to be delicious and flavorful as well!
I hope you like this workout as much as I do and would love to hear about any results you have from this workout or any others on my page!
And if you like my posts so far, please follow my blog by signing up to receive notification emails! The emails will let you know when I add a new post. It only takes seconds. Just visit my home page, scroll all the way to the bottom, and enter your email there!
Thanks for reading!
For at home workouts, consider getting a yoga mat that is both comfy and beautiful!
I love my Madison West backpack! I wear it everywhere. I even have 2! One in black and one in gray. You can find lots of Madison West backpacks and handbags below. Perfect for a day of shopping in the city or just walking around. Stylish, lightweight, and the perfect size!
No time to get to the grocery store or unable to go? Get it delivered!